Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bouncing back and preping for Big Sky!

Well last weekend was a rough one for the girls.  It flat out just wasn't our day.  It was frustrating because I know how fit we are and know that we can run with those teams.  We will get at least two more chances to prove how fit we are.  And the next two are the biggest meets of the year and what we have been working all season towards.

Lady Hornets in Terre Haute

The guys and three ladies ran well at the Bronco Invite at Santa Clara.  I am very excited to see what  they can do the next few weeks as well.

Monday we got right back at it with a long run and had a tough strength mixed rep workout today.  It was exciting to see the kids back at it working hard.  Todays workout ended up being a little tougher than I had planned but I liked what I saw and this is the time of year to push a little bit and get out of the comfort zone.  Today was a big break through in their ability to run tempo pace on the soft, wet grass.  They have been struggling with that all season and today it seemed to click a lot better.  The little gains are going to start adding up.  The thing that was the most exciting was that they were able to hit their paces, looking comfortable and I added a small but tough wrinkle into the workout.  I am excited to see what they can do this weekend.  Saturday will be a big workout for them.  It is the Mount Union workout.  I have taken it with me to every school that I have coached at.  It is a very challenging workout and I am excited to see what this very talented group can average.  This is a workout where they will hopefully be able to run fast while being very uncomfortable.  If you can make it though this workout you are ready to race hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment