Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Half Marathon

Sunday I raced my first half marathon. It was more of a glorified training run, but I definitely was getting after it. I had a bit of a quick start and back it off a little on mile two. I then proceeded to fall asleep in mile three. For the next few miles I felt like I got into a good rhythm and was clipping off some good miles. Unfortunately when it came time to get after it and start cutting it down I started running out of gas. The last 4 or so miles hurt and I was trying to throw in surges to get back on pace, it just wasn't happening. Overall I was pleased with the race and felt it was a good step forward. There is still a lot of work to be done but i feel that I am on the right path and if I can stay healthy big things are just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment