Sunday, September 25, 2011

new goals, fresh starts

Wow, it has been a very long time since I have updated this blog. I have a new goal of writing in here every day. So along with my goal of reading more everyday we shall see how this goes.

Since I last wrote in here Becky got a new job working for Sedgwick Co in the city of Wichita, so we have moved to Wichita and I have started as a Volunteer coach at Wichita State University with the cross country and track and field program. I have had people since I started coaching 7 years ago tell me that I needed to move to Division I. That was easier said than done, but WSU was nice enough to bring me on and it has been a terrific experience so far. Their coaching staff has over 90 years total experience at DI level and I have been trying to soak in as much as I can from the whole staff. I find myself following the different coaches around at fall track practice asking questions ranging from why this drill to what is next, and how do you progress from here.

So from here on out my goal is to write about my thoughts and experiences with this level. I hope you like it and if there is something you would like me to write about please let me know. I am excited to get back to writing. until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment